You can find the material from yesterday’s workshop at the International Symposium on Forecasting, 2017 here. The workshop notes assume some knowledge of what the various forecasting methods do, and the main focus is on showing which functions to use and how, so as to perform a wide variety of forecasting tasks:
- Time series exploration
- Univariate (extrapolative) forecasting
- Intermittent demand series forecasting
- Forecasting with regression
- Special topics: (i) Hierarchical forecasting; (ii) ABC-XYZ analysis; and (iii) LASSO regression
- Workshop notes: these provide code examples with comments. You will also find some references for the various methods used in the workshop.
- Workshop slides: these provide an extremely brief overview of some of the methods used and their implementation.
- Workshop R solution scripts: these replicate the examples in the notes.
- Workshop data: these are needed to replicate the examples in the notes and scripts.
The notes are aimed at researchers and experienced practitioners, who are comfortable with the theory behind the various models and methods. I hope you find this material useful!
A couple of more packages to explore: